Ahhh burgers. There is a reason why there are so many burger joints, burger festivals, and burger varieties. Cheeseburger, double-burger, triple-burger, Hawaiian burger, jalapeno burger, veggie burger, and the list go on. Now there is a new one to add to the list: the meatloaf burger.
Think about it. There is a reason why so many moms throughout the years made meatloaf a dinner staple. Meatloaf is savory and delicious and many kids’ favorite dish. The De Nigris balsamic ketchup is a perfect compliment with its tomato sweetness and savory-plus-sweet balsamic for just the right kick. This recipe puts it both inside the burger and outside for a completely balanced taste.
Now that we think about it, perhaps the right thing to do is to cook up a pot of mac-n-cheese and serve it on the side with these meatloaf burgers. Now we’re talking.
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8th teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup De Nigris Balsamic Ketchup + ¼ cup extra for topping
- Preheat oven to Bake 350 degrees.
- Mix meat, onion powder, black pepper, salt, egg, panko, garlic powder and ¼ cup De Nigris balsamic ketchup in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Roll mixture into four patties. Cover sheet pan with parchment paper and place patties on sheet pan. Bake for twenty minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Heat gas grill to 400-500 degrees. Place burger on grill and brown on one side for five minutes, flipping once. Top with remaining ¼ cup De Nigris Balsamic ketchup for five minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with all the fixings that you love on your burger, invite friends over, and enjoy!
Post by The Women Bloggers member and De Nigris friend Lyndi Fultz who writes about living and eating well from her life in beautiful Northwest Arkansas at nwafoodie.
Close your eyes. Take a deeeeep breathe through your nose and imagine the smells of a sticky-sweet, savory, juicy and delicious chicken wing. Ahhh, keep it doing it. There, you got it. You want to taste it, don’t you?
You’re not the only one who wants to taste these spicy balsamic-glazed chicken wings. Perfect for a crowd on say, a game day perhaps? They’re also perfect for those times when you just got to get your chicken-wing on.
Buckle up, things are going to get sweet and spicy.
SPICY BALSAMIC-GLAZED CHICKEN WINGS
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 chicken wings/drummies
- 2 tablespoons De Nigris Glaze Original
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to Bake 400 degrees. Line sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken for five minutes, turning each side until slightly browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chicken wings and toss with De Nigris Glaze, salt, and garlic powder.
- Place chicken wings on parchment and sprinkle with pepper flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes and let rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chicken is far and away the most consumed protein source in our house. Between two picky eaters and two health-conscious adults, the easiest thing to cook and get on the plate in a normal amount of time is always chicken and some sides. That being said, we are always on the hunt for delicious, quick and easy when it comes to making dinner interesting.
I love the way you can make this recipe in an incredible number of variations based on the preserves you have on hand. The version I made for this post uses peach preserves bought at a store, but I’m including a couple of other options to make it fun. The key is to always add your De Nigris balsamic vinegar to balance out the sweetness and add a burst of flavor!
A few of the best combinations I’ve come across are:
- strawberry jam, black pepper and a sprinkle of freshly torn basil
- raspberry jam, a sprinkle of hot pepper flakes and a finely minced clove of garlic
- cherry preserves, minced shallot and toasted sesame seeds
- orange marmalade, minced garlic, freshly grated ginger and a drizzle of toasted sesame oil
PEACH BALSAMIC CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1-1/2 tablespoons DeNigris Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts evenly with the salt, pepper and garlic powder and lay in a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 450 for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the peach preserves, balsamic vinegar and minced garlic in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- After 18 minutes brush the chicken breasts with a little bit of the sauce and bake for another 3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven and cover with tin foil to rest for 10 minutes.
- Continue to simmer the sauce until thick, about 5-8 minutes.
- When the chicken has rested, serve hot with the remaining sauce drizzled on top.
Allow our De Nigris family help make your Valentine’s Day memorable. Couple your American traditions of flowers and candies with our Italian tradition of fine balsamic vinegar and romance for a delicious, memorable celebration.
Valentine Delicacies from De Nigris
Create romance with chocolate and balsamic. When joined, dark chocolate and balsamic vinegar make a decadent treat. Add berry syrup to make the treat better than a box of chocolates. – Chocolate Brownies with Balsamic Berry Syrup
Put a new spin on Tiramisu. Perfect for a sweet Valentine’s Day breakfast.
Enjoy a rich pie. A pie with maple syrup and fine balsamic vinegar is a perfectly acceptable treat for cupid’s day.
Maple Pecan Pie
Eat strawberries, of course. Valentine’s Day without strawberries would be a lot less scrumptious (or colorful). Scoop the ice cream, pour on the compote and mix a refreshing drink. You will see hearts all over these recipes.
Balsamic Ribbon Ice Cream with Strawberry Compote
Delve into a fine cheese and fruit. Celebrate the day with unique recipes created when combining complementary ingredients of sweet fruit and cheese. These could become your new favorite traditions.
Complete your romantic evening with a fruity cocktail. We have exquisite fruit pulp vinegar that makes an ordinary cocktail extraordinary. For you and your sweetheart, may the romance continue.
Bourbon and White Peach Shrub Cocktail
Eat Well, Laugh Often, Love Much. De Nigirs…. Bringing the Best of Italy to Your Table.
Make sure to slow down today; enjoy food, laughter, family, and friends!
Do you want to know a secret? Not everyone at the party is thrilled with the chips and salsa. Or the salty ranch dip with potato chips. They want something better. Tastier. Healthier. Yummier. Of course, you’ll still need to put those chips and dips out to please the crowd, because you’re a good host and that is what good hosts do. This grilled vegetable platter with creamy balsamic dip will please the rest of the crowd… and knock your good host status into spectacular status. You’re so good.
These vegetables were grilled simply because the charred bits and pieces are gorgeous to look at. If you’re feeling like it is a bit too cold to go outside and grill during the cool winter months, by all means, follow the instructions below and bake at 400 degrees in a preheated oven for thirty minutes instead of on the grill.
GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATTER WITH CREAMY BALSAMIC DIP
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- ¼ red onion, quartered
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 squash, cut into rounds
- 8 colorful mini sweet peppers, tops removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon De Nigris Silver balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Boil water and add carrots for ten minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all the vegetables with olive oil and sea salt and toss until coated thoroughly. Pour vegetables on grill basket (or large sheet of aluminum foil if you do not have a grill basket).
- Grill for 20-30 minutes until slightly charred and remove from heat.
- To make sauce, combine the following ingredients in a Nutri bullet or food processor: cottage cheese, mayonnaise, De Nigris Silver balsamic vinegar, sour cream, and Italian Seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!