Blender Barbecue Sauce
If you’re anything like me you are likely counting down the minutes until you can officially start grilling season. For those of us in the South that time is now – it’s not too hot, the breeze is cool, and it’s always a welcome treat to get outside and smell the unmistakable aroma of meat and vegetables cooked over an open flame.
I am of the mindset that if you have a really great ingredient to start with (i.e., a good cut of meat or fresh, seasonal produce) then preparation really shouldn’t take that long. I also think that the amount of condiments needed to enjoy perfectly cooked food should be minimal.
I’m a huge fan of a good barbecue sauce, and there really isn’t anything that compliments grilled or smoked food better than a thick, rich and sweet-tangy sauce. Even better? Knowing all of the ingredients going said sauce! This version is so simple and easy to make that you really can’t go wrong. I make mine in a blender and then just store it in the fridge until ready to use, keeping the mess to a minimum and making it hard to justify the bottled stuff at the store.
You’re only a few ingredients away from that perfect sauce!
BLENDER BARBECUE SAUCE
Makes about 1 quart
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup De Nigris Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Store in an airtight container with a fitted lid until ready to use or up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Recipe and post by De Nigris friend and food blogger Heather Disarro of Heathersdish.com.
- Blender Barbecue Sauce - Heather's Dish - […] You’re only a few ingredients away from that perfect sauce! Get the recipe here from my friends at Denigris!…