Grilled Vegetable Platter with Creamy Balsamic Dip
Do you want to know a secret? Not everyone at the party is thrilled with the chips and salsa. Or the salty ranch dip with potato chips. They want something better. Tastier. Healthier. Yummier. Of course, you’ll still need to put those chips and dips out to please the crowd, because you’re a good host and that is what good hosts do. This grilled vegetable platter with creamy balsamic dip will please the rest of the crowd… and knock your good host status into spectacular status. You’re so good.
These vegetables were grilled simply because the charred bits and pieces are gorgeous to look at. If you’re feeling like it is a bit too cold to go outside and grill during the cool winter months, by all means, follow the instructions below and bake at 400 degrees in a preheated oven for thirty minutes instead of on the grill.
GRILLED VEGETABLE PLATTER WITH CREAMY BALSAMIC DIP
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- ¼ red onion, quartered
- 1 zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 squash, cut into rounds
- 8 colorful mini sweet peppers, tops removed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon De Nigris Silver balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Boil water and add carrots for ten minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- Preheat gas grill to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all the vegetables with olive oil and sea salt and toss until coated thoroughly. Pour vegetables on grill basket (or large sheet of aluminum foil if you do not have a grill basket).
- Grill for 20-30 minutes until slightly charred and remove from heat.
- To make sauce, combine the following ingredients in a Nutri bullet or food processor: cottage cheese, mayonnaise, De Nigris Silver balsamic vinegar, sour cream, and Italian Seasoning.
- Serve and enjoy!