Ahhh burgers. There is a reason why there are so many burger joints, burger festivals, and burger varieties. Cheeseburger, double-burger, triple-burger, Hawaiian burger, jalapeno burger, veggie burger, and the list go on. Now there is a new one to add to the list: the meatloaf burger.
Think about it. There is a reason why so many moms throughout the years made meatloaf a dinner staple. Meatloaf is savory and delicious and many kids’ favorite dish. The De Nigris balsamic ketchup is a perfect compliment with its tomato sweetness and savory-plus-sweet balsamic for just the right kick. This recipe puts it both inside the burger and outside for a completely balanced taste.
Now that we think about it, perhaps the right thing to do is to cook up a pot of mac-n-cheese and serve it on the side with these meatloaf burgers. Now we’re talking.
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8th teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup De Nigris Balsamic Ketchup + ¼ cup extra for topping
- Preheat oven to Bake 350 degrees.
- Mix meat, onion powder, black pepper, salt, egg, panko, garlic powder and ¼ cup De Nigris balsamic ketchup in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Roll mixture into four patties. Cover sheet pan with parchment paper and place patties on sheet pan. Bake for twenty minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Heat gas grill to 400-500 degrees. Place burger on grill and brown on one side for five minutes, flipping once. Top with remaining ¼ cup De Nigris Balsamic ketchup for five minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with all the fixings that you love on your burger, invite friends over, and enjoy!
Post by The Women Bloggers member and De Nigris friend Lyndi Fultz who writes about living and eating well from her life in beautiful Northwest Arkansas at nwafoodie.