You might know that our organic apple cider vinegar is made from ripe organic apples or that it is rich in enzymes and potassium and is a delicious and nutritious addition to your diet. But there may be a few things you might not know about apple cider vinegar.
- You can use it around the house as a non-toxic cleanser (diluted 1:1 with water) that can also be used to safely clean your produce—just rinse with clear water after spraying down your fruits and veggies to kill germs.
- Neutralize stubborn odors by pouring a little apple cider vinegar in a dish and leave it out to absorb many cooking or even bathroom odors.
- Pour undiluted apple cider vinegar on weeds (avoid the plants you want to keep) to knock them out without toxic pesticides. As an added bonus, diluted apple cider vinegar is a good, acidic fertilizer for soil.
- If you’re going to be spending time outside, pack apple cider vinegar with your sunscreen and bug spray. A little apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball will help to soothe the sting of sunburn—and also soothes the itch from poison ivy, bug bites and even jellyfish stings.
- Dandruff turning your fashionable ‘do into a fashion don’t? Rinse hair with a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar diluted in water once a week to help prevent dandruff. As a bonus, the mixture will help to remove styling products and will leave your hair shiny and soft.
- Rub down your dog with the 1:1 diluted apple cider vinegar solution for a shiny coat that may help to repel fleas.
- While you’re in the bathroom, gargle with apple cider vinegar for fresh breath and knock out blemishes with diluted vinegar on a cotton ball.
- Use undiluted apple cider vinegar on a bruise to ease discoloration, kill foot odor, as underarm deodorant and as a wart remover.
- If a summer cold is getting you down, a little apple cider vinegar diluted in water can help to clear your sinuses and settle your stomach. Sore throat? Gargle with the diluted mixture for relief.
- Feeling sluggish? Mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and drink it when you need an all-natural energy boost.
Busy enjoying your summer? We can ship directly to your door, visit our online store to buy De Nigris Organic Apple Cider Vinegar.
Post by The Women Bloggers member Mari Farthing.