Ahhh burgers. There is a reason why there are so many burger joints, burger festivals, and burger varieties. Cheeseburger, double-burger, triple-burger, Hawaiian burger, jalapeno burger, veggie burger, and the list go on. Now there is a new one to add to the list: the meatloaf burger.
Think about it. There is a reason why so many moms throughout the years made meatloaf a dinner staple. Meatloaf is savory and delicious and many kids’ favorite dish. The De Nigris balsamic ketchup is a perfect compliment with its tomato sweetness and savory-plus-sweet balsamic for just the right kick. This recipe puts it both inside the burger and outside for a completely balanced taste.
Now that we think about it, perhaps the right thing to do is to cook up a pot of mac-n-cheese and serve it on the side with these meatloaf burgers. Now we’re talking.
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8th teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup De Nigris Balsamic Ketchup + ¼ cup extra for topping
- Preheat oven to Bake 350 degrees.
- Mix meat, onion powder, black pepper, salt, egg, panko, garlic powder and ¼ cup De Nigris balsamic ketchup in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Roll mixture into four patties. Cover sheet pan with parchment paper and place patties on sheet pan. Bake for twenty minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Heat gas grill to 400-500 degrees. Place burger on grill and brown on one side for five minutes, flipping once. Top with remaining ¼ cup De Nigris Balsamic ketchup for five minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve with all the fixings that you love on your burger, invite friends over, and enjoy!