This delicious cabbage salad (known as coleslaw in America) is delicious with sausage, or pulled pork, some chicken from the grill…the combinations are endless. In this recipe, we used sausage and added a side of new potatoes with our delicious Balsamic Ketchup. The new potatoes intensify the delicious taste of the sausage and cabbage.
- 6 diced sausages
- 6 new potatoes
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage
- De Nigris Silver Eagle Balsamic Vinegar
- De Nigris Apple Cider vinegar
- Cut the cabbage into strips, add salt, mayonnaise and vinegar. Let it marinate for the duration of the preparation.
- Put the potatoes in water and boil.
- In a saucepan, put the sausages with a little oil and sauté until just darkened, add the balsamic vinegar and allow to soften for 5 minutes. Add some water, reaching half the sausages and cook.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and toss in a pan with oil and ketchup.
- When the water is absorbed by the sausage, turn off heat and toss all together.