Everywhere I turn these days someone is screaming “IT’S GRILLING SEASON!” For me, EVERY season is grilling season! Yes, Yes, it can be quite the challenge when it is snowing outside, yet somehow I manage. How about you? Are you finding yourself grilling outside more often now that it is officially summertime?
Last week, I popped into my local Walmart and purchased the new De Nigris Fig condiment with balsamic vinegar sprays. I had two things on my mind: grilling and salad-making. I loved the idea of drizzling olive oil on my salad and spritz-spritz-spritz a delightful and complimenting vinegar. I was also intrigued by the idea of spritzing while grilling, knowing that it would add a depth and keep things moist. Immediately my mind went to grilled stone fruit and at least something wrapped and grilled with bacon. I mean, who doesn’t love grilling with bacon?
Today’s recipe is both beautiful and tasty. There is a quick marinade involved and then you are ready to grill. These bacon wrapped chicken thighs just begged me to use the fig condiment spray for just a light touch of sweetness.
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
2 tablespoons of De Nigris Bronze Eagle balsamic vinegar - 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon honey - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - 1/2 teaspoon sea salt - 6 or 8 boneless chicken thighs - 8 slices bacon (turkey bacon used for this recipe) - De Nigris Fig Condiment with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena spray
- Wisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, honey, pepper and salt and pour into gallon sized plastic storage bag.
- Place chicken in bag and fully coat with marinade and let rest for 15-30 minutes.
- Heat gas grill to 400 degrees.
- Remove chicken from back and wrap each thigh with a piece of uncooked bacon, overlapping the ends and coat bacon with remaining marinade.
- Grill 15 minutes on side, spritzing chicken with De Nigris fig condiment spray. Flip chicken and spritz with spray. Cook for another 15 minutes or until chicken temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from heat and tent in foil for 10 minutes.
Many Walmart stores throughout the U.S. will have in store demos this weekend just in time for your 4th of July food prep. For a list of stores, click here.
You can buy now online by visiting our e-store! A taste of Italy delivered to your door!
The Women Blogger member and De Nigris friend Lyndi Fultz writes about living and eating well from her life in beautiful Northwest Arkansas at nwafoodie. Much of her blogging inspiration comes from this gem of a place, which she refers to as the proverbial land of milk-and-honey. Read more related to cooking, entertaining, gadget suggestions, ingredient explorations, local finds, local restaurant treasures, kitchen tour spotlights, and always with a healthy and simplistic approach.