There are times when you have a sorta-sweet tooth. You know those times, right? It’s when you aren’t craving the heavy brownie sundae yet you want something a little more decadent than say, an apple.
This baked peach recipe with a pistachio glaze may be just the ticket. Perfect for off-season because the baking process breaks down the juices and hastens the ripening. Combined with it toasted nutty goodness of pistachio, sugar, butter, and a delicious balsamic glazé, and now we’re talking.
I made this the other day in my toaster oven when the outdoors was trying to decide whether it was fall, summer, or somewhere in between. And I got to thinking, this recipe is perfect for fall, summer, or somewhere in between. Extra points if you add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
BAKED PEACHES WITH PISTACHIO GLAZE
- Cooking spray
- 3 peaches, sliced in half and pits removed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon almond flour
- 1 teaspoon De Nigris Organic Glazé
- 1 tablespoon butter
- finishing salt
- heavy whipping cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to Bake 350 degrees.
2. Grease baking dish with Pam and lay peaches side by side.
3. In a small mixing bowl, mix sugar, pistachios, and almond flour. Sprinkle mix evenly over peaches and dot with butter. Drizzle with De Nigris Organic Glazé.
4. Bake for twenty minutes and remove from oven. Finish with sprinkle of salt and serve with drizzle of cream.