Potato chips sure do know how to satisfy a craving, don’t they? If you are like me, I can’t keep them around or I will eat them up all at once. Instead, I always keep potatoes on hand and should the urge for chips get strong, all it takes is a few minutes to prepare and viola, cravings satisfied.
You know, potato chips are extremely easy to make. This recipe calls for an AirFryer but it is just as easy to bake in the oven (recipe below gives instructions for oven vs. AirFryer baking). AirFryers are a fun gadget to have if you love the taste of deep-fried but you don’t love the excess oil.
My niece Jocelyn is obsessed with salt and vinegar chips. Obsessed. To the point that she makes it look so delicious that one can’t help but ask for a nibble or two. There are two ways to prepare these potato chips. One is to pre-boil the potatoes in order to cut down the cooking time. The second is to soak them in water, or in this case, apple cider vinegar. I have tried this recipe both ways: pre-boiling and soaking and they turn out exactly the same. Because it is easier to soak, this recipe focuses on that method.
Bookmark this recipe the next time the salt and vinegar urge attacks. The apple cider gives mellows out the harsh twang of the vinegar, leaving you to munch away with delicious joy.
SALT AND VINEGAR AIRFRYER POTATO CHIPS
5 baby yellow potatoes, thinly sliced
1 cup De Nigris organic apple cider vinegar
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Add potatoes to a small mixing bowl and cover with De Nigris organic apple cider vinegar. Leave potatoes to soak for fifteen minutes. Drain.
2. In a small bowl, mix olive oil and salt. Add potatoes and mix to coat thoroughly.
3. Preheat AirFryer to 360 degrees.
4. Add potatoes to fryer basket and set AirFryer timer for twelve minutes. Pause fryer and check on potatoes every three minutes to ensure browning consistency.
5. BAKING IN OVEN OPTION: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake potatoes for 12-18 minutes, or until desired consistency.
6.Serve and enjoy!
Post and recipe by The Women Bloggers member nwafoodie.