What's bright, sweet, and about to make your toast so much better? Yes, this Balsamic Maple Strawberry Jam.
This delicious jam has an extra depth of flavor thanks in dual part to the smokiness of the maple syrup and the sweet acidity of the balsamic vinegar. I paired it with toasted rosemary bread and whipped mascarpone and loved the play on the sweet jam paired with the herbaceous rosemary bread. The creamy mascarpone only amplifies the flavors, making everything more flavorful.
I loved the way the balsamic vinegar added so much flavor to the jam and can’t wait to try it with blueberries and raspberries as well. This could be a fantastic pairing with a chiffonade of basil as well! Regardless, this naturally-sweetened, delicious jam is one that you’ll want to make weekly.
BALSAMIC MAPLE STRAWBERRY JAM
Makes about 1 cup of jam
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons De Nigris Balsamic Vinegar
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan fitted with a lid.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium-high again and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the heat, allow to cool completely, and then refrigerate for up to two weeks.