Beets are one of those magical root vegetables that are perfect for every season of the year. They are delicious served cool or hot. And the good news is that even if you serve them hot, if they happen to cool down – they’ll still be delicious!
There are usually two things that hold people back from preparing fresh beets. The first thing is that it is perceived as time consuming. The second reason is that beets can stain your hands as you work to prepare them. I can help relieve those stresses for you.
First, the easiest way to cook beets is to boil water and drop them in. You don’t even have to trim the ends and take of the skins because you’ll be doing that after they are cooked. There is actually an easier way if you have a pressure cooker – but most people readily have access to a soup pot, water, and a stovetop. That’s all you need.
Secondly, there is no need to fear the beet stains. After removing the skins, simply run your hands under water and sprinkle salt on them. That does the trick! You can always where disposable food-safe gloves and skip the clean up entirely!
This recipe for roasted beets with blue cheese is complimented by a drizzle of olive oil and De Nigris Glaze Classic Original. The mix of savory and sweet from all the alpha ingredients are simply divine.
ROASTED BEETS WITH BALSAMIC AND BLUE CHEESE
8 beets, small to medium sized
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1/8th teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon De Nigris Glaze Classic Original
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon blue cheese crumbles
- Boil water medium-sized pot on stove and add beetroots. No need to wash or remove blemishes.
- Boil for 30-45 minutes, or until a knife can easily slip in the thickest part of the beet. Remove from heat and drain. Let beets cool.
- Preheat oven to Roast 350 degrees.
- Trim ends of roots and remove skins and any blemishes. Slice to desired thickness.
- In a small roasting dish, add beets and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with De Nigris Glaze Classic Original and olive oil. Sprinkle beets with blue cheese crumbles.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until blue cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Serve and enjoy!