There is a reason why chicken tenders are beloved by the young and old alike. They can be a delightful appetizer, a satisfying on-the-go meal or dressed up to impress the fanciest of dining occasions. It all depends on how you dress it up.
For this recipe, the combination of toasted pecans with De Nigris balsamic glaze and maple syrup make for a gorgeous dish. Gorgeous and tasty, as the nuttiness mixed with balsamic glaze gives a depth that no ordinary chicken tender can compete. Serve by itself with a side of mashed potatoes and asparagus, or make ahead of time and slice it cold and add to a salad. Either way, you have a delicious winner.
SWEET TOASTED PECAN AND BALSAMIC CHICKEN TENDERS
½ cup raw pecan halves
1 tablespoon salted butter
¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of chili flakes
2 tablespoons De Nigris 100% Natural Glaze with balsamic vinegar of Modena
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 egg, whipped
2 chicken breasts, slices on diagonal to make chicken tenders
- Toast pecans with butter on medium high heat for approximately 5-7 minutes. Don’t overcook by burning. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to Bake 325 degrees.
- Finely chop pecans and add to medium size bowl with panko, salt, black pepper and chili flakes. Mix.
- In small bowl, mix De Nigris 100% Natural Glaze with balsamic vinegar of Modena and maple syrup. Mix thorough.
- In third small ball, crack and whip egg.
- Place parchment paper on sheet pan.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then pecan mixture and place on parchment paper. Repeat until all chicken tenders are coated.
- Drizzle chicken with glaze and bake for 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes and slide.
- Serve and enjoy!
Post by Lyndi Fultz for DeNIgris1889. Visit her online at nwaFoodie.com