Summer is almost here and that means it's time for outdoor dining. Now, who does not love a picnic? We all know that pasta salad holds a permanent spot at picnic tables and barbecues all summer long. You know, the one that disappears faster than the rest of its fellow side dishes. Well, here is a delicious recipe that will make you the hit of the neighborhood.
So get those noodles boiling, grab the season’s freshest veggies, some shrimp and whisk together this delicious red wine vinegar dressing. Then stash it in the fridge and let the overnight flavor crew work its magic.
Shrimp Pasta Salad
- 3 cups celebrant pasta
- 12 ounces cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
- 10 ounces cherub tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls
- 3 tablespoons De Nigris Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse pasta under cold water to stop cooking. In a large bowl mix dressing ingredients. Incorporate basil, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese into dressing. Mix in pasta and shrimp until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.