Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts (or Quorn steaks) of about 100 g each
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large fresh spring onion, including the green part
- 35 ml Rose Wine
- 235 ml chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 180 g crème fraîche
- 3 tbs chopped fresh mixed herbs (dill, chives & parsley)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- De Nigris Platinum label Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI
For the recipe
Massage the chicken (or Quorn) with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the chicken (or Quorn) for about 15 minutes per side, turning it often, until it is browned and cooked through. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate and, in the same pan that contains the cooked chicken juices, brown the chopped onion over low heat for a couple of minutes. Pour in the rosé wine, allow it to evaporate for a minute, then add the stock, lower the heat, and cook for about five minutes: the sauce should have reduced by 1/3 and coat a spoon.
Add the crème fraîche, stir for a few seconds and remove from the heat. Then add the chopped herbs and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the chicken breasts warm, with the sauce and give the dish a final gourmet flourish with a drizzle of De Nigris Platinum Label Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.