Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 leek, cleaned and sliced
- 2 peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes with garlic
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp De Nigris Dense & Fragrant Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
For the recipe
Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan.
Gently cook, onion, celery, carrots and leek until soft, (about 20 mins).
Add peppers and cook for further 10 mins, then add tomatoes (in their juice), sugar and De Nigris Dense & Fragrant Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
Simmer for at least 20 mins (the longer the better, to develop the flavour, and add a little water if it starts to reduce).
Once cooked, use immediately, on pasta, as a pizza topping, or with your favourite protein, or allow to cool and freeze individual portions in ziplock bags.