Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 sweet onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp De Nigris Gold Label ‘Smooth Flavour’ Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 200 g mixed red and yellow small tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 50 g pitted black olives, slices
- 16 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 x 200 g cod fillets
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the recipe
To make the salsa, heat olive oil in a large frying pan, add finely chopped onion, and fry until softened but not browned. Add the garlic and fry for another minute. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, sliced olives and De Nigris Gold Label ‘Smooth Flavour’ Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, and warm through for two minutes. Remove from heat, stir in half the chopped basil leaves and season with salt and pepper.
Dust cod fillets with flour and shake off excess. Heat remaining olive oil in clean frying pan, and fry the rest of the basil leaves until crispy. Remove basil form pan and set aside on kitchen towel. Add cod fillets to pan, skin-side down, and fry for 3-4 minutes, turn over and fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the cod is opaque and the skin is golden and crisp.
To serve, divide the cod fillets between four plates, top with the balsamic salsa, drizzle with juice from the salsa pan, and garnish with crispy basil.