Ingredients for 2 people
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 brown onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 400 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp De Nigris Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother
- 3 bunches of watercress, washed and chopped
- A few extra, whole watercress leaves, to garnish
- Crème fraiche, to garnish
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
For the recipe
Heat a little olive oil in a large pan, then sauté the potato, onion and garlic until the onions are soft and translucent. Add stock and De Nigris Apple Cider Vinegar to the pan, and simmer until the potato is soft. Add the watercress and simmer for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
Using a hand blender, liquidise the soup until smooth. Taste, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir well, then serve in bowls with a swirl of crème fraiche and another grind of black pepper. Scatter on a few watercress leaves as garnish and serve with bread sticks.