Today was one of those work-like-a-dog-in-the-heat-until-every-ounce-of-your-body-is-spent kind of day. The sun was beating down relentlessly and the air was silent and still. Where was a breeze, I wondered? My husband and I mustered up all that was left and completed the to-do list early enough in the day to take advantage of the laziness this late afternoon tempted us with.
Only there was a catch. All that physical labor meant that I was spent. The last thing I wanted to do was whip up a meal or heat up the kitchen. We were hungry. Starving. Ravenous. We wanted meat. Grilled. Hearty. Beef.
We wanted to it fast with low effort. And it had to be satisifying.
Yes, it was kebob time.
Kebobs are low effort with a big result. The prep time is minimal and the grill time is lightning fast. Perfect for when you want something substantial and delicious.
GRILLED GARLIC BEEF TENDERLOIN KEBOBS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
This quick and easy dish only looks like you spent a lot of time preparing it. Now you have more time to spend with your loved ones.
- 1 pound of beef tenderloin, approximately the size of two small filets
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon De Nigris White Wine Vinegar with Roasted Garlic
- 1 tablespoon De Nigris Bronze Eagle Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into approximately 24 pieces
- 1 small Vidalia onion, cut into approximately 24 pieces
- sea salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- De Nigris 100% Natural Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- Romaine lettuce (optional)
- Soak 6 wooden skewers for 15 minutes prior to grilling.
- Cut up filet into small bite size pieces, approximately 24 pieces and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup olive oil, De Nigris White Wine Vinegar with Roasted Garlic, and De Nigris Bronze Eagle Balsamic Vinegar to the mixing bowl with the meat and toss thoroughly. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cut up bell pepper and onion and coat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl.
- Turn on gas grill and heat to 400-450 degrees.
- Thread meat, pepper, and onion on skewers so that there are 4 pieces of beef on each skewer.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on each skewer.
- Grill for 10 minutes, each side for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and wrap loosely in aluminum foil so that juices soak back into the meal.
- Serve and finish with a dusting of sea salt and drizzle with De Nigris 100% Natural Glaze with Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. If you have a head of romaine lettuce available, thinly slice it and place kebobs on lettuce before you sprinkle them with salt and balsamic glaze.
Sit back and enjoy the meal and your company.